On Mill City Sports:
Baseball is a strange game.
One broken link and everything falls apart.
That is what happened to the North Shore Navigators on Saturday night at Fraser Field as the Navs received six strong innings from starter Walker O’Connor (West Florida) but managed just two runs on ten hits in a 4-2 loss to the Old Orchard Beach Raging Tide.
Here’s my first Spinners game story of 2014 for Mill City Sports.
Joe Oliver has been out of professional baseball for about a decade, but the Lowell Spinners’ new manager was victorious in his debut on Friday night at LeLacheur Park.
The June issue of the New England Hockey Journal features Dexter School forward Ryan Donato and the upcoming NHL Draft.
Check out my…
- “Original Six” crushing Bruins playoff losses (p. 6)
– AHL New England season recap (p. 16-17)
– NHL New England updates (p. 18-19)
I compiled a list of Boston Red Sox and New Englanders selected in the 2014 MLB First-Year Draft for Mill City Sports.
The June edition of the New England Baseball Journal (featuring our 2014 MLB Draft and summer collegiate previews) is here!
Check out my…
– Cape Cod Baseball League preview – “Huskies in Harwich” (p. 29-31)
– Futures League preview – “Home of the Brave” (p. 35-37)
– Hangin’ Out with Northeastern’s James Mulry (p. 42)
– College Notebook – updates on the latest college baseball news and notes from around New England (p. 24)
– Red Sox Clubhouse (p. 9)
– MLB New England updates (p. 11)
BC got off to a fast start, but the Binghamton offense struck often in the later innings en route to a 9-3 win over the Eagles in the first of a two-game series on Saturday at Eddie Pellagrini Diamond.
Seven wasn’t so lucky for Boston College on Saturday. The Eagles played resilient baseball but saw their six-game winning streak come to an end, and I wrote about it for Mill City Sports.